Volunteer Board Member – Fundraising Committee
Vita Story Club, Inc
Vita Story Club is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting healthy aging, combating ageism, and reducing the social isolation of older adults. We run our life story workshops as a way for older adults to strengthen their social relationships and to draw purpose from sharing their life experience with others.
The company is looking to build a Board of Directors composed of leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Vita Story Club to advance its mission.
Volunteer Board Member (Fundraising Committee)
BOARD MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
Vita Story Club’s Board members are expected to attend four board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Vita Story Club to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal and professional relationships and connections to help the organization identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Vita Story Club’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
Board members are expected to responsibly represent Vita Story Club to their respective communities and to advocate for Vita Story Club’s mission and programs as appropriate.
Board terms last for three years and board members can serve for up to three consecutive terms.
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and participate in regular Fundraising Committee meetings
- Review all previous year fundraising activity and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year
- Work with fundraising staff to determine annual development budget and development plan
- Participate in annual special events and other fundraising activities
- Engage in advocacy and networking
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals to the Board
- Analyze and cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors and funders and develop strategies to strengthen those relationships
- Along with Founder, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders
- Time Commitment: 4 – 8 hours per month (including meeting and outreach events)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. org