$90,000 – $110,000 commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate
Life Story Club | 41 Flatbush Ave, Suite 3B, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Founded in 2019, Life Story Club (LSC) combats loneliness and social isolation among older adults by creating small social clubs for older adults to share life stories and easily build friendships. Today, nearly 1 in 3 older adults are lonely (National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2020), the health risks of which are as damaging as smoking 15 cigarettes a day (Holt-Lunstad 2015). Loneliness is linked to higher rates of depression and anxiety, a 30% higher risk of cardiovascular diseases, and a 50% increased risk of dementia (NASEM 2020).
To address this growing public health crisis, LSC brings together small groups of 8-12 older adults who meet weekly— via Zoom or in person— to spark connections and share their life stories. Groups are hosted by Life Story Club facilitators who use different prompts and strategies to help participants strengthen these connections over time.
We partner with Public Libraries, Settlement Houses, NORCS (Naturally Occurring Retirement Centers), assisted living facilities, community centers, and a range of health and social service providers to deliver programming to older adults in NYC and beyond. We try to meet people where they are, making our clubs available to people who want to participate remotely or in person at partner sites. While we serve all older adults, we prioritize older adults who are often most at risk, including individuals who experience poor health, suffered a recent loss, are low-income, or are from immigrant or LGBTQ communities.
LSC seeks a highly efficient and organized Operations Lead at our NYC office. As part of a small startup team, the Operations Lead will have primary responsibility for managing and executing operations across various workstreams. The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the LSC executive team to create reports and pitch decks for partner organizations
- Act as the point of contact for partner organizations, helping to coordinate the roll-out of a new club (liaising with the partner and LSC’s Program team to set up recruitment and marketing materials, and communicating with partners on club meeting logistics for virtual and in-person clubs)
- Account management, including managing contracting and invoicing, and recording invoices and payments in LSC’s accounting software
Program Management and Reporting
- Help create strategy/annual planning decks for LSC leadership
- Lead Facilitator team meetings to coordinate club operations, including scheduling, club recruitment, and tech/logistical needs.
- Improve and manage LSC’s centralized club/facilitation schedule as the organization grows, which includes managing facilitation subbing and workload
- Manage and build out our CRM platform (Salesforce) and ensure program data is collected (this includes liaising with facilitators to ensure pre-surveys and evaluation surveys are sent out on time)
- Improve LSC project/program management processes and coordinate workflow in Asana
- Help LSC to improve the efficiency and usability of our virtual club support services, including our assisted dial-in and reminder services. As part of improving these services, the Operations Lead will assist facilitators with making reminder calls and helping participants dial in over the phone.
- Assist leadership and program team with planning and managing club special events, (e.g. social events at older adult communities, marketing, and recruitment events)
- Working with leadership on implementing web/branding/marketing projects and/or club infrastructure projects (building out Salesforce, Zoom, or story platforms). This includes managing contractors, web designers, and software engineers.
If you are someone who excels at time management and organization, is process-oriented, has strong technology fluency, and is great at managing BOTH up and down, please apply! The candidate should be driven, proactive, and excited to be a part of a startup nonprofit team and contribute to building something new and socially impactful.
Requirements for the Role:
- 3-5 years experience in a Project/Program or Operations Management role
- Experience using Asana or an equivalent project management software to manage team workflows
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, ability to produce graphs and tables, use spreadsheets efficiently, and perform calculations and automation to process data.
- Superior organizational and process management skills, as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple, complex projects and drive toward deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Flexible, team-oriented, and willing to wear many hats
- Available to work a full-time position, Monday-Friday, and in a hybrid work schedule (in-person at our office 2 days/week, travel as needed for recruitment/marketing events or in-person club assistance)
- Eager to learn, improve, and grow.
- Excited about how technology can support your work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excited to build something new with our small but growing team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with analyzing financial statements, project budgeting, and budget management
No Phone calls or walk-ins, please. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lily Zhou at [email protected]. Please also include in your application the name and contact information for two professional references.