$80,000 – $100,000 commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate
Life Story Club | 41 Flatbush Ave, Suite 3B, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Founded in 2019, Life Story Club (LSC) organizes small social clubs for older adults to share life stories and build a sense of belonging and purpose. Today, nearly 1 in 3 older adults are lonely, the health risks of which are as damaging as smoking 15 cigarettes a day (Holt-Lunstad 2015). Loneliness is linked to higher rates of depression and anxiety, a 30% higher risk of cardiovascular diseases, and a 50% increased risk of dementia (National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2020).
To address this growing public health crisis, LSC brings together small groups of up to 15 older adults who meet weekly — via Zoom or in person — to spark connections and share their life stories. Clubs are hosted by Life Story Club facilitators who use different prompts to help participants strengthen these connections over time, and guide them in co-creating small storytelling projects.
We partner with Public Libraries, Settlement Houses, NORCS (Naturally Occurring Retirement Centers), community centers, and a range of health and social service providers to deliver programming to older adults in NYC and beyond. We try to meet people where they are, making our clubs available to people who want to participate remotely or in person at partner sites. While we serve all older adults, we prioritize older adults who are often most at risk, including individuals who experience poor health, suffered a recent loss, are low-income, or are from immigrant or LGBTQ communities.
LSC seeks a highly efficient and organized Operations Lead at our NYC office. As part of a small startup team, the Operations Lead will have primary responsibility for managing and executing operations across various workstreams. The specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the point of contact for partner organizations, coordinating the roll-out of a new club (liaising with the partner and LSC’s Program team to coordinate on participant recruitment, marketing materials and communicating with partners on club meeting logistics for virtual and in-person clubs)
- Coordinate a team of facilitators for club scheduling, and manage/improve LSC’s centralized facilitation schedule as the organization grows
- Assist program team with planning logistics around club special events, (e.g. social events at older adult communities, marketing, and recruitment events)
- Manage our CRM platform (Salesforce) and ensure program data collection is collected (this includes liaising with facilitators to ensure pre-surveys and evaluation surveys are sent out on time)
- Manage partnership contracting and invoicing, help track program expenses and manage contractor payments
User Experience and Tech Platforms
- Help LSC to improve the efficiency and participant/facilitator usability of club support services, including improving our assisted dial-in and reminder services. The Operations Lead would help scope program needs and develop our communications tools/features (e.g. layering on new Zoom features). To improve these services, the Operations Lead will assist facilitators with making reminder calls and helping to onboard participants.
- Manage contractors, web designers, and software engineers for various special projects, including but not limited to improving our website, story platform development, partner organization and donor database, and integration of software (e.g. Salesforce and Mailchimp).
Project Management, Impact Analytics and Reporting
- Work with leadership on project planning, project/program management, and coordinate workflow in Asana. This includes tracking grant deadlines assisting with grant reporting,
- Help develop and put in place evaluation processes to capture program outputs and outcomes.
- Assist LSC leadership to analyze impact data, create annual reports, grant reporting, reports for partner organizations, pitch decks, strategy/annual planning decks for LSC leadership and external stakeholders (including funders and partner organizations).
If you are someone who excels at time management and organization, is process-oriented, has strong technology fluency, and is great at managing BOTH up and down, please apply! The candidate should be driven, proactive, and excited to be a part of a startup nonprofit team and contribute to building something new and socially impactful.
Requirements for the Role:
- Mission-oriented, interested in improving the health and well-being of older people
- 3-5 years experience in a Project/Program Manager, Consulting, or related role.
- Experience using Asana or an equivalent project management software to manage team workflows
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, ability to produce graphs and tables, use spreadsheets efficiently, and perform calculations and automation to process data.
- Superior organizational and process management skills, as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple, complex projects and drive toward deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Flexible, team-oriented, and willing to wear many hats
- Available to work a full-time position, Monday-Friday, and in a hybrid work schedule (in-person at our office 2 days/week, travel as needed for recruitment/marketing events or in-person club assistance)
- Excited about how technology can support your work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excited to build something new with our small but growing team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with project budgeting and budget management
No Phone calls or walk-ins, please. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lily Zhou at team[at]lifestoryclub.org. Please also include in your application the name and contact information for two professional references.