Spanish-English Bilingual Workshop Facilitator
Part-time Life Story Workshop facilitator – 20 hours/week at $27/hour (with the full-time potential)
Vita Story Club | New York City
Vita Story Club is a new and growing nonprofit. Our mission is to help older adults strengthen social relationships and contribute to their communities by sharing and preserving life stories. We offer life story workshops at senior centers and senior living facilities, where older adults can bond with their fellow community members over life experiences. We help participants preserve their stories through audio recordings and safeguard their memories on our private, online story platform so that they can continue sharing their life legacy with loved ones. Upon completion of the program, Vita Story Club members know their stories are respected, valued, and remembered.
Vita Story Club seeks a part-time life story workshop facilitator who is fluent in both English and Spanish. With a growing number of Spanish-speaking older adults in NYC, we intend to expand our multilingual programming. The facilitator will take a lead role in helping the organization design and curate a high-quality workshop experience as we scale the program. We are looking for someone who is highly energetic, creative, and has the professionalism and communication skills needed to facilitate small-group workshops.
- Run weekly workshops at various senior centers and retirement communities
- Run our audio recording and transcription technology for each workshop session
- Curate/manage each client institution’s online story platform. This includes clipping audio files as well as audio-to-text transcription.
- Work directly with the Founder and Director of Programs to improve our program offering.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in education, social work, social sciences, journalism, literature or related field
- Experience or interest working with and in support of seniors
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Successful candidates are culturally sensitive, great listeners, and are able to build relationships with people from a variety of different backgrounds
- Ability to learn and use Zoom video/teleconferencing
- Reliable, dependable and timely
- Self starter, ability to think creatively and evaluate/improve programming
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Please submit a cover letter and resume to team @lifestoryclub.org